22 Oct 2003
Highway To The Reich goes GOLD!
Woodbridge , NJ , October 20th, 2003 - Matrix Games (http://www.matrixgames.com) is pleased to announce that Highway to the Reich™ by Panther Games (http://www.panthergames.com) has gone gold and will be shipping out to stores on November 17th.
Highway to the Reich™ is based on the critically acclaimed Airborne Assault® engine and covers the entire Market Garden operation, from the three separate landing zones to the drive by XXX Corps to unify them all before the German counterattack could succeed. The Airborne Assault® game engine revolutionizes wargaming. This design allows the player to choose how much to delegate to subordinates and what to handle personally, without the usual concern involved with leaving formations in the computer's hands.
Command like a real General, under real time pressures to achieve real objectives on a real map all within the fog of war. Issue orders to your powerful AI controlled subordinates or take total control of every unit. Fight the worlds most advanced AI opponent or match wits against your friends online or over a LAN.
Lead Parachute Regiments in daring assaults to seize vital bridges, send mighty Armored Divisions into the attack and wield entire Infantry Corps in a race against time. Reshape history in one of the many historical battles covering all major actions of the Market Garden operation or salvage victory from disaster in one of the hypothetical "what-if" encounters.
Create your own maps with our Map Maker utility. You can modify an existing scenario or design your own battle using the Scenario Maker utility.
Highway to the Reich™ features include:
- Stunning graphics, including new customizable map textures
- Battles covering all of Operation Market Garden including Nijmegen , Eindhoven and Neerpelt
- Detailed Order of Battle covering all forces that participated down to the company level
- Enhanced user interface, including in-game briefings, intel filter, sound control and auto-save
- Advanced AI that can handle your own subordinates as well as running the enemy forces.